Thread: Any Moose?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #5
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minni on winni View Post
Our summer camp is in laconia near the Meredith line. We have seen deer, a fox, a mother bear and a cub, and turkeys! Our neighbor said he had a moose in his yard but that was"years ago". Early spring last year I thought I saw a silver wolf but when I called for others to come look, it was gone. Everyone said it was probably a dog but I don't think so.
Lucky you. I live by Christmas Island and haven't seen anything on 4 legs other than squirrel, and half the time they stand! I was excited when I accidently left trash out one night and woke to a mess. I figured there WAS wild life in my area. I put out a critter cam and caught the vermin in question, a neighbor's cat. I know there's plenty of animals around here but I never see prints or hear anything, which tells me they are much smarter than me. In contrast my family in Waltham routinely sees coyote, fox, deer, fishers, raccoon and possum and that's in the city! "Rescuing" deer in winter from the lakes ponds and reservoir is not uncommon for Boston and surrounding city fire departments.

You'd think I'd at least see deer on Christmas Island
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links