Thread: Seasons?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
fatlazyless

While trout & salmon fishing on Winnipesaukee ends on Sept 30, the Winnipesaukee season for bass fishing remains open all year round with some restrictions as to number, and when the bass are nesting and giving birth for a couple weeks in June. Approaching a female bass' nest while you are in the water swimming can definately have the bass give you a nip of a bite on your leg.....yikes.....like, what was that? 'That fish there, with the big lips, it just bite me....my...my!'

Looking for a trout pond that's open after Sept 30?

Russell Pond, off the Tripoli Rd and Rt 93-Exit 32, located in the USFS Russell Pond Campground is open for trout fishing through October 15. It has a small parking lot, big enough for about five cars, that is directly on the pond, say just about 20' from the waters edge, and it sports a sign that says something like " Free Parking for Fisherman-Kayaks-Canoes Only," w/ no motors allowed into the aproximately 40 acre pond that covers a number of grey granite ledge outcroppings underneath the water. Otherwise, you have to pay about 16-dollars/day to occupy a camp site.

Russell Pond = kayak fishing heaven! It supposedly gets stocked with trout in April or May. Check out the aerial photo at fishingworks.com!