View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesShaker View Post
I would just like to share the horrible eating experience I just endured at the Old Europe restaurant, at 76 North Main Street in Concord. I strongly recommend that your readers avoid this restaurant at all costs. After choking down a mediocre salad and two appetizers (with tough, chewy shrimp and not-very-fresh greens), with two (warm) beers and two (dirty) glasses of wine, my wife and I attempted to pay the exorbitant bill of $65 no fewer than three times with three different credit cards. The waiter kept returning to our table and saying that the credit cards were not working, implying loudly that he thought it was because the cards were no good, by saying that the cards usually work after a few tries, but that now they weren’t. Being reasonable people, and at their suggestion, we then went across the street to the ATM ($2.75 fee) to get cash to pay, and they had the nerve to send the waitress across the street with us to watch as if we were some common criminals. The manager was actually yelling across the street at us that we had to pay. I returned, put my cash on the counter and left, and the waiter followed me out muttering some sort of threatening language at my back, about not returning to the restaurant (which we certainly will never do) and continued to shout at me in threatening, accusatory language from across the street as I returned to my car. Because of the delay this caused, I got a parking ticket as well.
So, when all was said and done, I paid $87.50 for the mediocre lunch described above. The waiter and manager were both rude, inconsiderate, and had the nerve to actually threaten me. My wife and I are going to be sure to cancel the credit cards that we used there, to prevent them from doing anything in retaliation. Considering the poor quality of food and service, this restaurant is terribly overpriced. I strongly suggest your readers avoid this establishment altogether.
"Because of the delay this caused, I got a parking ticket." Wouldn't you have been there that long if you had stayed long enough for a complete lunch or dinner?

And I certainly don't agree with shouting at you, but perhaps there was some concern about your payment after three credit cards were denied.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, but perhaps there's another side to this story.

Last edited by WakeboardMom; 05-08-2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Grammar
WakeboardMom is offline   Reply With Quote