View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #44
jeffk

Default Every place can have an off night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveWinnipesaukee View Post
I know that I have gone to restaurants that I have loved many times before, but for one reason or another, there is a time that nothing tasted good, nothing was hot, and I swore I would never go back. Possibly when the member that had a bad experience went, the main cook could have had to leave, or maybe there was an issue with the stoves. I never judge a restaurant on what other people think, except to try it and keep an open mind.

I would give the place a second change, especially if most everyone else is saying such good things about it.
This is where the wait staff or the hostess can make a huge difference. If I am unhappy with the meal and the wait staff seem unconcerned then I probably won't go back. I would expect the staff to be very concerned and depending on how poor the experience was to offer something like a coupon for free appetizers for the next visit. Then I am willing to give it a second chance.

One of the problems I have is that some of the restaurants are out of the way. I make a special effort to get to it and if it doesn't measure up I am unlikely to make the effort again. Restaurants that are closer I might try several times before writing them off. Another thing, often I just want to go where I KNOW I am going to have a good meal. I don't want to take a chance or experiment. On those occasions I am going to go for sure things, not try some place that has disappointed me already. For the time I feel more adventurous I will go somewhere new or give a place a second chance.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote