Thread: I Want Pie!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #40
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
We had a great Thanksgiving and hope you all did too!

Thanks to Patiently Watching for the "Pie In The Sky" recommendation! Great Pies, great place and wonderful service from very nice people!

We also got pies and deserts from Many other places but must make a special mention to Gretchen at Gilford Gourmet right here in Gilford, NH. She made us three absolutely delectable deserts that just blew everyone away! One was a two tier carrot cake (center of pic below) which had pineapple and raisins in it, it was spectacular! She also made an authentic Key Lime pie which was the best I have ever had and I have had a lot as that is my favorite! Also baked by her was individual size Key Lime cheese cakes which were so smooth and delicious, everyone complimented.

Another special mention to Roland Lyons of the Lyons Den Restaurant who was kind enough to make us a tray of his famous bread pudding complete with a huge side of rum sauce. If you have never had his bread pudding you really need to try it as it is the best around!!

Below is a pic of this years desert station!

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

Dan
Dan:

As others have said very impressive. You certainly could compete with most, if not all, of the restaurants in the Lakes Region! How many folks attended your dinner?
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote