Thread: Marine Patrol
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 08:25 AM   #38
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa minor View Post
Descant, to answer your questions:
No, they kept their docking ilghts on the entire time.
Although I only saw them heading south this time, I have seen either this or a very similar boat traveling in the other direction in the past.
Finally, no neither I or the neighbors with me called the MP. This may annoy me / others but I don't believe it warrants dispatching a patrol boat on a very quiet Saturday night. We see the patrol boat often in the evening, I'm sure the two paths will cross eventually. Sorry for if you feel this is a derail, just following on with the recent conversation. Night time navigation is a must for an islander, guess this is just a pet peeve of mine, others may feel differently.
Best response I've seen in a while. No, the guy wasn't right for running his lights and it's a nuisance and safety issue, but not everyone gets it. Sometimes it's just better to bite your tongue for a few minutes rather than rain on everyone else's parade. Nobody's perfect, some people are A$$es, and some people really just don't know. Everyone's at the lake to enjoy it and there's far to much bitchin' (please forgive the language use, it felt appropriate) about this person did this wrong, that person wasn't 150ft, saw captain bonehead 32487 times this weekend on a different boat every time, marine patrol was pulling people over, this group played their music too loud and was having too much fun.

My point is, why get so ticked off about an infraction to the point where it ruins your own day/night and then you feel obligated to bring others down in the process. Yea yea, I know safety is often a concern, but diligent boaters can be defensive as well. Thankfully, there aren't many reports of dangerous events taking place on our lake, but yes they will inevitably happen because people aren't perfect.

Get out and enjoy the lake for yourself, your family, and your friends. While doing so, understand others are out there to enjoy it too. I'm not saying don't report significant issues, just saying sometimes it's better to just bite your tongue and look the other way rather than get caught up in the nonsense.

HAPPY FRIDAY and cheers to what looks like a great weekend!