Thread: Marine Patrol
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 02:47 PM   #32
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
....... I learned that the docking lights and running lights were all wired to one switch...
Well this could be certainly the case, it would show a lack of responsible decisions from the factory to the water:

1. The Manufacturer should have no better, after all isn't that why NMMA exists to get all Manufacturers on the same page
2. The dealership that sold the boat, should have known of the issue and fixed it, to be in compliance with the law
3. Any experience boater should know that isn't proper and have made sure the issue is fixed.

I don't think this is the case..... At the end of the day, it smells to me like a previous owner, or even the current owner of that boat, did something they shouldn't have.... and cut corners...

These are not new laws we are dealing with... Docking lights have been around for a long time... the fact that they are not to be used for general navigation has always been the case...

Issues like this a signs of pure ignorance plain and simple.....