View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #441
TheNoonans

Default Skydive Laconia

I gotta say Less, I love your enthusiasm!

Next time I am in the area, I promise you I'll get in touch with you and come up to Plymouth if you want to show me that great grass!

As for the asphalt though, in now going on 12 years and over 4000 skydives, I have yet to ever land on asphalt by accident. But believe it or not, we actually can land on asphalt and sometimes even plan to if we are on a demonstration jump and the most suitable landing area is the event's parking lot.

As I am also a professional demonstration jumper, I can tell the LAA first hand that when we jump into stadiums, the most complex of our demo jumps, that with the full blessing of the FAA, we list the stadium parking lots as alternate landing areas if turbulence over the stadium prevents someone from getting into it. The FAA signs off on it, so maybe the LAA might have a tough time if they went that route in an argument......lol

Here is a couple of photos of me landing in Lincoln Stadium last year for a Philadelphia Eagles fan appreciation night.

Note in the second photo, the orange flag, thats the target on the 50 yard line. We exited the airplane over Interstate 95 about a mile and a half north of the stadium over south Philly and despite these "non directional control, subject to wind drift" parachutes....lol, we managed to make it all the way to the stadium and land on the 50 yard line.

Good thing none of those pesky katabatic winds threw us off course.....lol

Blue skies to all and to all a good flight,

Tom
Attached Images

TheNoonans is offline   Reply With Quote