View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #79
sa meredith

Default Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley Boy View Post
After months of discussion and face to face meetings, Formula and Lakeport Landing Marina have announced that their relationship will remain essentially intact and that Lakeport Landing will become a "Non Stocking" dealer. This is a standard industry term which simply means that Lakeport Landing will not be stocking new 2011/2012, etc. boats. Lakeport Landing will be able to order for customers boats from Formula and will have access to all other Formula products and services. This is obviously the result of a great relationship that has lasted for more than thirty years and had nothing to do with the very unfortunate Diamond Island accident.

This is a great opportunity for the Paugus Bay Marina, Lakeport Landing and Formula itself to keep the various Formula models as one of the preeminent quality boat lines on Winnipesaukee. Please wish all concerned your best.
While I certainly cannot dispute what you are saying, as I have no proof, your comments here make little on no sense. I've been in the new auto business for 23 years, and assuming things in boating work in a similar fashion with regard to factory and dealers, how can what you say be possible?
If you are correct, am I to understand that:
A customer can go over to PBM, take several hours of Cory's time. Get all the info they want with regard to price an product. Test drive a boat and look at boats that PBM is floor planning, and therefore servicing the note. And then...hope across the puddle to Lakeport and place their order after PBM has done all the work and handled the finacial burden of educating the customer? PBM has no protection? Sorry...no buying it. Unless PBM gets a piece of the action, regarless of which place places the order. I can't see it working any other way, if what you have stated is true.