View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

The bottom line is this, lock up anything that is valuable. Thieves are getting smarter, they realize that while cars and home now how alarms most boats don't.... Unfortunately most marina's are noted gated around the lake, and this provides easy access... Radios, GPS units, etc etc, even when mounted into the console are easy targets, especially if the thieves are familiar with boats, and the cabin entry is unlocked to get to the access panels....

Although we would all like to think things are safe, there really just is no safe place anymore.... especially in a tourist destination like the lake... The only reason I haven't taken further precautions with my boat, is that I have neighbors that are at the lake all the time... But I foresee the day where I will decide to but a cable and lock to secure the boat to the dock, and the jet ski to the dock....

I would recomend to anyone putting electronics into a boat, that they make it removable, so that it can be unmounted and taken off of the boat when not in use, especially if you keep your boat at a Marina...

To all the Marina, and Yacht clubs on the lake, it is time to put entry gates in... I am surprised this isn't a more wide spread occurrence...

As for punishment, well I have often been accused of being a bit to cruel in my views... an eye for an eye, and petty thieves should have their hands..... well never mind.......