View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #19
webmaster

Thanked 3,730 Times in 826 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
http://winnipesaukee.com/forums/show...150#post180150

If you are protesting a post that was supposedly a solicitation for business (which I didn't see), then why not protest this post?
There was a difference. The Meredith Marina post was worded and framed like an advertisement. The Lavinia's post was more of an announcement of a new restaurant and asked for your thoughts and input. As we know the thoughts and input could go either way. I think it's great that new restaurants provide us with information and give us the opportunity to respond and ask questions. If a new Marina opened up I wouldn't mind if they announced it here and asked for input from our members.

Businesses are welcome to participate on the forum and respond to other posts. It is possible to convey information and help promote a business without it being a blatant advertisement. I have no trouble separating pure advertisements from more subtle promotion.

I wish everyone would lighten up a bit about this. New members seldom read through the rules and I can understand why a business would think our popular forum is a good place for some free advertising. I don't think they should be penalized for not fully understanding the forum rules. Many people don't.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post: