View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #35
localgirl

Cool Love Juniors

Let me start by tell any of you who might care that I am a legit customer of Juniors and I am not an employee and I don't know anyone that works there or the owners. I specifically joined the forum today just so I could post a comment about Juniors. So you'll see I've got no posts or comments in my column, but I am indeed a real person and not asked to post here.

We went to Juniors around the time they opened, July 2nd or so, and had a fantastic dining experience. We were seated promptly and the waitress (sorry can't remember her name) came & took our drink order. We found the food to be excellent, on a scale of 1:10 I'd give it a 9, maybe 9.5. Service about an 8. The only reason I'd give it an 8 is because part of my order didn't come until the end of my meal. I ordered a salad with a side of buffalo chicken and the chicken didn't come until my dining partners had finished their meals. The waitress came several times to apologize telling us that my buffalo chicken part of the order had gotten misplaced in the kitchen, which clearly wasn't her fault. Towards the end of the meal a woman came around asking if everything was ok and did we enjoy our meal and we told her about the chicken and she immediately told us that she's make sure to remove it from our tab. I found the prices to be well well well within what we expected to pay for the quality of the food.

I do agree with some of the other comments about Patrick's. They are hit or miss in our book. Some nights pretty decent, other nights not so much. I personally think they are way over rated for the price & atmosphere. It's always way too loud, the music they think they need to offer is very irritating when trying to carry on any kind of conversation. And I also think, personally, that their prices are way over priced, especially for what you get, i.e., the atmosphere (or lack thereof), and the service is sooooooooo slow it's pathetic. We've stopped there several times in the past thinking we'd grab a quick burger or club sandwich at the bar only to be in there over an hour, so we don't go there anymore if we're pressed for time.

This isn't meant to be a bash Patrick's comment really, just trying to compare Juniors to Patricks and hoping upon hope that Juniors does great and actually DOES give Patrick's a run for their money....I've made that comment many times while driving by the empty Cherrystone, "wish someone would open this again and give Patrick's some competition and a run for their money".

I think it's funny how the comments here are so diverse & all over the place, comparing Junior's to Patrick's and vice versa. In the end it's all about the experience each one of us has/had on a particular night. Our meal was great, (minus the missing buffalo chicken until the end) and the prices were very reasonable. We most definitely will return most likely again & again!!!
localgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to localgirl For This Useful Post: