View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #77
Belmont Resident

Default enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
The funny thing is, I live and pay my property taxes in Southern NH, and have a seasonal place in Meredith...so don't know where the comment came from in the 1st place.
As I recall, I asked a reasonable, and appropriate question...and you simply resorted to hateful PMs.
You expressed concern about FMC warranty...complaining about not getting AWAs (after warranty adjustments).
So I asked, in light of the fact that Ford offers 3/36000 bumper to bumper, 5/60000 powertrain (100K Dielsel), and 5 yr/unlimited on rust thru, what more you wanted/expected. It was a fair question, I believe.
No idea where the Mass thing, and toll booth came from...no idea at all.
It was hateful...I posted it because I belived it showed insight into your true feelings.
I am neither arrogant, or mean spirted, although I tend to get sucked into debates that get emotional.
I have become friends with, and come to the aid of, several people on this forum, who would certainly tell you I am neither of those things. I believe your PM was just plain wrong.
Lastly, I believe working 22 years in an industry, and being recognized by the manufacturer as a top performer, and invited to participate in many focus groups concerning customer relations, does indeed qualify me to comment on issues relating to the auto industry.
Disagree if you wish...save the hateful PMs for someone else.
Go back and read as I just did. What started the whole thing was the, "Hey clown" comment. I was just posting my dissatisfaction with ford trucks and the fact that there are many documented rust issues with ford trucks, one being cab corner and rear wheel well rust issues. You had a problem with my comments on this. Even ford body guys will tell you the cab corner and wheel well design is flawed. Both areas are designed to allow sediment to collect, hold water and cause rot. Many follow up posts in another thread have been added by others stating just what I've been saying.
Most car owners tend to turn their vehicles over every 4-6 years. Issues like those mentioned in the thread in question don't surface because of this.
You were defending ford, but you were also pretty much saying that those of us who were seeing these problems were full of it.
I never said ford should be responsible after X amount of time I was just stating they do have design issues that are contributing to rust out problems. My truck was rusted out at 6 years, are you saying that is to be expected? At $50,000.00 I would hope not.
I currently have rust through on both cab corners, all 4 doors, and both wheel wells. In this day & age I would have thought that they would have taken steps to protect against this.