Thread: Canoe
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
chipj29

I have never in my life heard a guest being told that their table is only available for a specific amount of time. That would rub me the wrong way, in such a way that I would want to stay at my table for as long as I possibly could, just to see what they would do. That is just plain rude. If I want to have a nice leisurely dinner with a drink or 2 before my meal, dinner, then dessert and possibly an after-dinner drink, that is what I will do.
And the sign warning me of possible sub-standard service? Well that is just crazy. Why would you post that, is business that good that you can possibly turn away business? There are ways you can get around that, such as limit the number of tables a server has. Sure, leaving empty tables may look bad, but it is better than giving sub-standard service.

In a past life I was a restaurant guy for 10+ years, and I have never heard of such a thing. Those guests walking in the door have money to spend, or else they wouldn’t be there. I would want them to spend their money at my restaurant, and would certainly want them coming back to spend more money. And I would most definitely want them to tell their friends to come back and spend money.

To me, some poor business decisions were made at Canoe when you were there. And it looks like it has happened before based on wakeboardmom's post.

Good luck to Canoe, they are going to need it once word gets around.