View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 11:01 PM   #16
Denny Crane

Default Dock chaos

It seems like every public dock has unwritten rules, which causes people to make their own assumptions. I have no problem with the meredith town docks setup. I've been at ramps where one side is in and one side is out.
I've been using shep browns for 5 years, never been checked for a sticker and there's no system at all, pull or put in from either side, but work around their fork lift. I've pulled behind boats thinking they are next to pull, only to find out they are just sitting tying up a spot. I would prefer to have my kids untie and pull my boat along in order while I get the trailer, instead of me having to start up again to pull around a sitting boat. I've had to wait 15 minutes before to drop in because a female passenger on a pwc would not untie and move it down so I could drop in. In these cases it would help if someone from the staff would take 2 minutes to educate the boaters at their ramps and set some expectations.
No rules lead to chaos and jerks can't stop themselves from their own interpretations of them.
DC
Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote