View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #37
Outlaw

Default Knowledge through education

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B
....FYI: I am a member of LPS and I contribute to that great organization as well. R2B
Would that be LRSPS (Lakes Region Sail & Power Squadron)? Here's something for many of you readers to consider. Safety and education are an issue on the Big lake and all lakes, consider becoming a member of LRSPS to work toward better boater education and safety awareness. http://www.lrsps.org/

I am amazed every year by some of the people I talk to when doing vessel safety checks in how little they know about boating safety. Sometimes I get the bajebers scared out of me. Let's help each other, and be part of the solution - everyone is absolutely right about boater common sense and courtesy - there are times when it does not appear to be in existence on the lakes. And there are times when you exercise proper boating skills and the driver of the other boat looks at you like you have two heads (all because you obeyed the rules and did what you were supposed to).

Let me know if any of you have questions about LRSPS and if you're not busy this Thursday night at 7:30, I invite you to come to our monthly meeting of the Executive Committee to hear and learn more (Paugus Bay Marina on Rt. 3 in Meredith).