View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 09:22 PM   #30
lfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwood
I am vacationing up there with my boat next week so I want to make sure I have a couple of things straight from this thread.

First, what is a GFBL? I'm not sure, but I don't think I want to be one.

Second, the 150' rule seems easy but is it? I do alot of boating in rivers and small lakes. How do you judge whether you are 150' away or not? Seems like kind of a hard distance to judge. Any rules of thumb that you use to estimate whether you are 150' or not? I'm just glad they don't have the 600' rule in effect anymore...I don't see how anyone can judge that distance with any kind of accuracy.

Do I need to go buy a range finder?

Thanks.
I pace off 150' when taking walks, eyeball something (a car, a mailbox, a boat parked on a trailor), then take a guess at a similar sized object and then pace it off to see how I did. I've found that if I can read a license plate or a bow number then I am pretty close to 150'.

Good luck and enjoy the lake. Whether you're coming to Winni to enjoy the thrill of running your boat WOT or to commune with nature or both, it is a wonderful place, in fact there is no place I'd rather be.

LFM
lfm is offline   Reply With Quote