View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 11:47 AM   #18
Island-Ho

Default Very Noisy & Hectic Saturday

I knew something must be up when the background noise level went up about 40dB and I couldn't even carry on a conversation on my dock at normal levels for a good part of the day. Up until Saturday the number of GFBLs has been almost invisible, but the constant din of those boats on Saturday was intolerable. Hopefully they have used up their allotment of fuel for the summer. Maybe they could invest some of their August fuel money in an effective muffler, at which point they would be more welcome on this lake. I don't know what the big deal about a poker run is, but if they are associated with some organization or charity, I would like to know who that might be so I can voice my displeasure with them directly. So far this summer gas prices seem to be effecting the number of GFBLs on the lake the way legislation was unable to do. You would think these operators would get the message that unless they clean up and quiet down their act they will not be welcome on this lake by the vast majority of residents, and because of them the effort to enact a sane speed limit will continue!
Island-Ho is offline   Reply With Quote