View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 11:19 AM   #17
Seaplane Pilot

Default Caddy Shack III

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheMath
Anyway - the "GFBL" boats as a good number of you so like to point out as the "bad boys of the lake" are not the issue here, it is a courtesy / boater education concern. I have NEVER in all the years I have been on this lake (since I was 10 mo. old) seen so many boaters just flat-out IGNORE the 150' rule, it is just rediculous!! And so far this summer - not ONE of them has been a performance boater. I have been cut off by wave runners, overtaken by bowriders at 50', had three jokers in a ski boat with a tube behind them - just north of Eagle Isl. of all places - circle right in front of me trying to dump their towee. I just don't get - this is the simplest of rules, and the most basic of courtesies and yet people just can't figure it out!? What will it take to just get people to follow this simple task...
The lake on Saturday reminded me of the scene in Caddy Shack where Rodney was on his huge cruiser named "Seafood" and said "Move over Swanson, I'm drivin'..." What a circus it was out there. As Do The Math stated, there is no simpler rule than the 150' rule, yet the vast majority of boaters either ignore it or just do not know about it. HELLO...SWIM RAFT = possible swimmers in the water. The written rule is to stay 150' from a swimraft unless going at headway speed. I almost got decapitated Saturday on more than one occasion while swimming near my raft. I think I'm going to film Caddy Shack III or find some other way to film and make money on this - maybe I can sell it to other states so they can use it in their boating education classes to show examples of how not to drive a boat. Ka-ching!
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote