View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
kunamola

Default Have they decided when they will decide....

....on the new tax rate? Now that you have to buy a subscription to the Grunter and since the Tuftonboro website is brief it is hard to know if any decisions are being made that will affect some of us who live so far away most of the year.

My family is one-third owner of a three stall boathouse on Melvin Bay that is completely over the water. Avitar assigned each of the owner families a one-third value at a whooping $274,600.00! That is a $759,300.00 boathouse!! No electricity, no storage space other than boatslips and we do not own the docking used to access the boathouse, oh and did I mention it is 70 years old?

I spent hours on the now "fee accessible only" Avitar website as well as traveling around the lake by boat and car to find a "comparable" and could not find one similar. The comparables I came up with were all two stall boathouses and many looked like they had storage, electricity and some may contain living space.

I realize that anyone can make an error but to misjudge this boathouse that was last valued at $45,000.00 to the giant leap of $759,300.00 is one HUGE error and even if it seemed obvious it was still my responsibility as property owner to research and document for a review process.

Does anyone know if there are plans to document the number of errors or reviewed properties who had assessments changed? Will they send out another Property Assessment Booklet with the reviewed and corrected data? I would be interested in knowing just how many other errors both large and small are out there. I hope not too many as it was an upsetting and stressfilled few months for three long time "camp families" to envision the tax dollars we would have to pay on a 3/4 million+ dollar boathouse.

If someone would post when the tax rate is confirmed I would appreciate it.
kunamola is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links