View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #40
COWISLAND NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squam Friend View Post
That single quote by "BearIslander" in siksukr's post above prompted me to join this forum, I was so appalled by the sheer audacity. "That is how the law works," as if whenever someone does something you don't like, you can get a law passed to stop them. Who do you think you are, BearIslander? I see that you must have edited the original post, but not before your true egotism and condescending attitude showed its face. You make it sound like you had a restraining order passed by claiming "I am having restrictions placed on you." I have to ask again, who do you think you are?

Having been a lifetime boater and resident on Squam Lake I would like to see a single piece of evidence that a speed limit "worked" to "solve a problem," and the same goes for the proposed limit on Winnipesaukee. The only actual non-anecdotal data I have seen does not support the need for a limit on speed. I sincerely hope Governor Lynch hears both sides of this issue and makes a reasonable decision, based on facts, on whether to sign this bill into law. That being said, I am not categorically against speed limits on lakes, but I am against legislation that is based on anecdotes, and not a real demonstrated need for a law to make a social change.

THANK YOU -THANK YOU -THANK YOU!!!!! I personally don't like all the little blow boats zig zagin around across from our camp causing a traffic jam, but I wouldn't consider a ban on them bc of it.
By the way has any one seen the NH Marine patrol boating accident reports for 2007????