View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #56
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc
I only know what is reported in this forum and I know that not everything reported here is true.

Unless you are one of the owners of West Alton Marina (Barbara or Brian), then you cannot possibly state as fact what they did or did not tell the Marine Patrol. If I was an owner of WAM, and I was requesting the MP to more vigorously enforce the NRZ, I would not admit it to my customers. What if a customer got a ticket, that's not good for business.

Once again, I have no way of knowing if the reports of what the Marine Patrol said are true.
I too keep my boat at West Alton Marina, and I personally feel that if one of the owners tells me that they had nothing to do with the Marine Patrol stepping up enforcement at the sand bar, then that is a fact. That family and I started our business relationship with a handshake, actually a verbal ok over the phone, and have found them to be totally above board in all my dealings with them. Personal conversation with them this morning reiterated the fact that they did not call the MP, and I personally believe them. I only wish that all my business dealings could be done the way they have been with WAM. Mutual trust and respect is a wonderful thing, and unfortunately is missing in many business relationships today.

Just my humble opinion, of course.