View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #12
APIMIS

I believe I am the steaming Captain as you say; although I was not steaming I was just answering a question from a friend that happened to be anchored at the sandbar. As for the going out to talk to the MP’s I was sent out there to receive my ticket for being anchored in a no rafting either under the 150 foot mark or being to close to other boats. I’m still not sure which? The MP that gave me my ticket was not clear as to which one I was being cited for. The MP that sent me out told me that everyone to the right of me was being ticketed. The MP Officers were not consistent with their info when asked questions or ticketing process. The one point that was consistent was that it was the property owners that were complaining. My concern is that with all the homes being built on the shore lines can they just arbitrarily designate no rafting zones as they call it whenever homeowners chose not to share public waters with the boating public which would further restrict anchoring and swimming areas for families. With the price of gas and not having a legal place to anchor where the children can swim safely it won’t be worth having a boat on the lake.
APIMIS is offline   Reply With Quote