View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
KayakinKid

While I don't necessarily agree with her actions, I can certainly understand her reaction with the signs if her concerns have repeatedly fallen on deaf ears. But disturbing the funeral service for someone is just wrong.

And Mr. Mayhew would be wrong when he stated that a body doesn't give off a smell during the cremation process. As someone who worked on the same site as a crematorium, I can assure him that it is a smell that is not soon or easily forgotten. Granted, those few occasions where we could smell something was because a person of a larger size was being cremated. So unless he's got one heckuva filtering system in that crematorium, someone downwind is going to be a very unpleasant person one day.

Also, there are times when the cremation process will put out a great deal of black smoke. Again, usually with a larger person because of the fat content. There were several times that the local fire department showed up, because someone driving by thought the place was on fire, not knowing that it was a crematorium.