View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 08:47 AM   #94
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Thumbs down Evenstar's invitation is so inviting - NOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
No, my worst enemies are people who don't understand what I am posting, because they are in too much of a hurry to find fault with what I post. ...

And there is nothing arrogant about my statment - it's just a very logical statement for two reasons:

1.) Most members of this forum are not experienced sea kayakers - and getting into a sea kayak without tipping it over takes some skill and practice. Sea kayaks are very narrow boats - it is nothing like sitting in a much wider recreational kayak.

2.) Purchasing a sea kayak is like buying jeans - and I'm a size 8. So I'm guessing that there many members here who could not fit into a pair of my jeans any better than they could fit into my sea kayak.
You have enemies here? Questioning and debating is not a battle. I'm in no hurry to find the faults in your posts. I understand the words you use but don't always agree with you or follow the logic of your posts. Some of us may be in a hurry to point out inaccuracies for clarity not unjustified fault finding.

We do agree on some things. I'm too big, I could not get into your jeans or your kayak (even if I wanted to).

You've mentioned how sensitive your kind of kayak is and how much physical prowess and skill is needed to stay afloat and keep up with you on a paddling outing. Balance is very important to enjoy the sport as you do.

And you wonder why no one (other than Mee-n-Mac) has come forward to take you up on your offer to go kayak with you. You make it sound so un-inviting to the average person and I'm not referring to fear of fast boats.

Kayakers love water --- Boaters love love