View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #35
sparky63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
More feedback to Forum regarding furnace problem.....

Just checked 'photo-cell', and it appears to be brand new. The Beckett Igniter module was recently replaced, and it looks like the photo cell, came included new and packaged with that module. I did clean the photo cell eye, and checked all wires, and all appears to be fine.

Furnace will start, and run for a while, but at various intervals will shut down w/o reason?

Primary Control goes into a 'restricted/lock-out sttate, but seems I can always reset w/o issues. When I do reset and furnaces starts, I get a huge plume of black smoke, ejected out my power-venter. I suspect this as a result of built-up oil, inthe burner chamber which did not origianilly ignite?
Guessing?

Next step will be to call Weil McClain to get some input from them. Maybe mu issues, is something, common to this brand of furnace, that requires specific settings? Also have called another P & H contractor recommended by a Forum member, and will be coming to house to review the issue.

Thanks,
Bigdog
Hi Bigdog
Im a tech for a large oil company . from what you are discribing everything is working right up to the point of ingition ( I get a huge plume of black smoke, ejected out my power-venter.) you need 3 things to make combustion you also need them in the right amounts to much air will lean out the mixture to the point of not firing. to little spark will also not let it fire
sparky63 is offline   Reply With Quote