View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Public docks

First of all I have to agree with BR. boarding a boat with shoes full of dirt or scuffing the surface is a huge no no. Many of us spend countless of hours detailing our pride and joy, let alone the amount of money we spend on the boat.

Each port on the lake have public docks with unique challenges. The Meredith docks has plenty of room to manuever, perhaps too much. I bet they can add another finger and still have plenty of room. BR mention the Weirs and he is spot on of the problem. Glendale is catered to the island residence and the Gilford businesses. Most of the time, I feel I am not wanted there.

I could go on but I'm sure everyone got the drift. Rick35 has a valid point, my boat was actually moved and retied many times at Glendale. Without my permission and in a position where it is damaged because of the concrete pilings and or banging on other boats. Glendale needs to allow more room for the land residence, transients and those who wants to do business at the marina and restauarant. The island residents beg to differ.

When boarding and or handling another boat without the owner's presence, please consider the consequences and treat the boat as if it is your own.