View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #15
Bizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
... why not publish two versions of the Bizer map and give the people what they want? ...
It's not that easy. In 2004, Bizer produced a smaller (9"x18", printed both sides) version of its map with a lot less detail. Very few retailers stock it because they don't want to confuse the customers. Retailers and customers simply want to buy a map. They don't have the time to do a cost-benefit analysis at the checkout counter. Also, the additional expense is sizable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipesaukee View Post
... you should still verify that the actual map that will be sold has visible red buoys under a red light. ...
I will not know FOR SURE until I look at the proof before actually printing the map. If I make any changes after the proof has been printed, I have to go back to square one and expend another $1150 for the plates and another proof. The best I can do is print on my ink-jet printer and hope that the final proof is acceptable.

Other: I have verified that the buoy on the north side of Sandy Island is still missing. It will be part of my letter to the Marine Patrol over the winter.

Last edited by Bizer; 10-15-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote