View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #10
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
I totally agree that the transfer station has been transformed over the past several years and the new staff are totally helpful, knowledgeable, and customer service oriented. Pleasure going there! I happen to know Ken because he did some repairs for me on our outhouse, and also repaired one of my dining room chairs. He is awesome! Years ago I dreaded going to the transfer station because of the surly dump police.....my entire experience has changed!
I agree Redwing, I myself had stopped using the dump, oops sorry transfer station several years ago because of bad experiences. Of course the fact that I had a truck and a local dump which was a much nicer experience helped with that decision. However as I no longer have the truck, I have started using the dump again. I have been very impressed.

When I stopped using the dump it was because I felt as though my trash was being inspected, and one mistake, and one recyclable item in the trash was going to land me in dump jail...

But as others in this thread have pointed out, it is now a much kinder, more friendly place now, I don't see any of the old trouble makers anymore. I also feel that they have become much more reasonable with how much they charge.