View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #36
luvmypups

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM doc View Post
I have NEVER seen a time limit at a restaurant for the patrons to "drink, eat leave"

WHY are they "patrons" NOT aloud to sit and enjoy there company? There paying for the "service"
The general rule of thumb is to expect to give people a 2 hour limit, that is what I've always been told/heard. Maybe in places where it's a fast paced, cheaper meals type of place then of course you'd expect to turn tables over sooner than that. I used to be a server and I NEVER had a problem with people staying long, I think it's rude to try and rush people out of there.

I had a manager once ( recently ) who came up to me and told me to start bussing other servers tables and pointed one table out specifically. I then told him that I had noticed that the people looked finished but I wasnt sure since it wasnt my table and I didnt want to clear it yet. Well, he said "no just clear it, if you dont know, just clear it", and he asked me to come over and help him, with two of the people still sitting there. So I of course had to and as we started clearing it, what do you know, the people ( very irritated ) said, " Um, thats our kid's food, they are in the bathroom, can you put it back?" I was SO embarrased because I knew I was right, he tried to play it off like it wasnt a big deal and he was really right and they were "actually finished". I went right up to the people as soon as he was gone and told them that I was so sorry and I tried telling him that they werent finished, I really didnt care if I was throwing him under the bus, he was a jerk and should have listened
luvmypups is offline   Reply With Quote