View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 09:31 AM   #30
jetskier

Default Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
... Actually five, which were my wife, her sister (up from FL for two days only), our nephew and his wife. We dined at a local restaurant and were in there for probably three hours. We did have a nice dinner complete with dessert, and probably drank coffee and talked for the last 45-50 minutes. This was all on our tab, and we tipped considerably more (nearly double) what we would normally had done. Waitress actually discretely asked if I "did the math right" and when I told her I did, she nicely thanked me and said it wasn't necessary. I told her we tied up one of her tables and potentially cost her money. She said thanks much and left with a big smile. Sooooooo, sometimes it may not be all that it seems. But then again....
I doubt that it was you that we saw as the table was occupied by 3 people (one man and two women). However, while you made the waitress happy... this clearly cost the restaurant money as the table did not turn over and (if we were at the same restaurant), you prevented other patrons from using the table on a busy Saturday night.
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote