View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #25
JasonG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifi View Post
I have. The credit card company calls the charger, and the charger must agree to reverse the charge. In this case, they didn't want to lose the $$, and I had a choice of ruining my credit, swallowing hard, or hiring a lawyer and paying more than the charge.....
This is only partially true. If the charge was fraud, you are not liable, period. But you need to prove this, which usually involves matching signatures or a statement from yourself. Merchant loses out. If it is a disagreement of services with the merchant, that takes on a whole new level with many variables.

On a side note, taking fraud out of the picture to give a PSA...... Merchants are responsible for getting you what you paid for. If you order something via mail / internet and it doesnt arrive, arrives broken, or not as described, you can file a claim with your card company ( or ebay/amazon ). Merchants are responsible for getting you what you paid for, as described.

Anything else is unacceptable. Dont ever let a merchant tell you that it isnt their concern because it arrived broken, lost, etc because you didnt pay for insurance, sign something, etc. Insurance is a merchants responsibility and has no direct bearing to a buyers right to receive something they paid for.
JasonG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JasonG For This Useful Post: