View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #31
Mee-n-Mac

Wink R. O. A. R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R
{snip} I doubt the NRZ rules would stand up in court if one were to push it. Maybe I should ask my Senator to sponsor a bill. Perehaps we could tackle the absurd "no overnight anchoring" rule as well...

If you can regulate parking and public gatherings on land I can't see any legal reason you can't do the equivalent on the water. Like I've said on this topic before the existing NRZ rules try to balance the desires of the boating public and the shorefront owners. Neither comes out a clear winner IMO. I'd worry your Senator might follow prior thoughts re: making the entire lake a NRZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R
My thoughts: If you plan to hang out at a NRZ sandbar, get there early, anchor legally, and take digital photos of the space around you. That way, if the MP shows up and hassles you for being to close to other boats, you can show them you were there first. May not work, but it's better than just getting angry about someone just trying to enforce the law.
This is an interesting thought. If you're ticketed for being too closely spaced how does anyone know it was you that initiated the offending action ? It's one thing to be ticketed for anchoring too close to shore, that's entirely under your control, but if someone else encroaches on "your space" in an NRZ ?? I wonder what the court ruling would be if such a ticket were contested. Time to form that PAC (R.O.A.R.) I guess. Usually I think the MP just tells the boats to move rather than issue tickets in these cases.