View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #12
Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Pointer View Post
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Just got a chance to look at this. There is definitely no power to the terminal (at 1 o'clock) and all the exterior lights, electric breaking system work fine so there shouldn't be any grounding issues. I am having trouble locating which fuse is responsible for powering up this terminal in question. I read every fuse description under the fuse cover box and can't figure where to add the the neccessary fuse? Maybe I am doing something wrong. There are definitely more areas for fuses than are represented on the fuse location/description schematic. Any further advice would be most appreciated!
Most likely the 30 amp fuse that supplies this circuit is already installed in the large accessory fuse box you've found under your hood. Usually the factory installs the fuse but does not connect wiring associated with pin 1 of your receptacle to the + terminal at the box. Each model is different, but you may also want to check for a gray, or pair of gray wires with ring terminals already installed but not attached to the associated terminal.

These wires are normally left disconnected and not usually referenced in the owners manual as the dealer wants you to have him do the hookup. These wires are normally hooked up by the dealer or an aftermarket installer when you have an electric brake controller installed. I don't recall if you indeed have that option installed as either a dealer or aftermarket installation.

The fuse you are looking for associated with this option is a green 30 amp type.

Could still be a lot of other things as previously mentioned here, but give that a check if you can!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote