Thread: Overnight?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #22
gtagrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
I can tell you that the Excessive noise law is being enforced, or at least trying to be.

In the 2012 boating season, a friend was stopped a total of, I believe, 8 times during the season, but a ticket never went to court due to some possible mistakes in how the test was administered.

In 2013, he was stopped once again and was issued a citation. He ended up having to pay a pretty hefty fine, and had to do a running test conducted out by Timber Island, where he had to do two pass by's, one at I believe 45, and another at WOT, approximately 75. He did have a MP officer in the boat, and no he didn't get a ticket for speeding as he was directed to do that speed.

Bottom line, the RSA is alive and well (not so well if you are the one ticketed and found guilty). What is not so obvious is how much it is being enforced, because we have had boat go by us that certainly seemed even louder than our friend's boat, at least to our ear.
I think APS gets bored down in FL. and likes to stir the pot every now and then. and when he does, he is often proven wrong!
gtagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtagrip For This Useful Post: