View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #23
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick View Post
It has been my neighborhood last year with a convention of democrats numbering over 1,000 about 1.5 miles from my year round home so I do know what you're experiencing. Our street was inconvenienced for an afternoon and night and by the next morning you'd never know the event had happened. My kids ended up doing just fine with it as a matter of fact I'd be willing to bet if I asked them today if they remember the event they wouldn't have any clue what I was talking about. Kids are resilient, I'm sure yours will be fine.
My 10 year old was told last night, on the bus on his way home, that the bus wouldn't be able to drop him off at the usual spot and instead would be dropping him off at the Weirs Beach water slide leaving him and his 8 year old sister to find a way home from there, through the crowd on Lakeside. No note, no call, less then 24 hours notice to re-arrange our day. I'm not worried about the RNC corrupting them, I'm worried about the city and bus company abandoning them for the sake of a few $$$.

My complaint here is this: someone (don't matter who or for what) shows up and spends a bunch of money and the city jumps through hoops to make sure they have whatever they want, and never mind the little guy who gets nothing but grief from the whole ordeal and gets to worry about how their young kids will get to and from school.

Thanks, but next time "they" can hold the rally in Wolfeboro.

And Kona, I feel sorry for you with that many Dems, or Republicans for that matter, near you!

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote