View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Just some quick comments here...

-- replacing the coils should fix your problem as others have stated. However depending on your condition of your un treated well water you my find you have a problem again sooner then later. I had this type of system growing up, and with hard water with lots of sediment things clogged quickly.

-- I suggest putting in a whole house filter no mater what you do....

Now the option I saw no one discuss here, is switching your water heating, to an electric water heater. This is my recommendation... you will find that you have more consistent hot water....It also gives you the option, to run it off of Solar electricity down the road..... If you go this route make sure you invest in a high quality water heater, like Rheem/Rudd unit. There is simply no comparing these units to those bought at Home Depot or Lowes.

As for capacity I have a 40 gallon unit, and we usually get two good showers out of the 40 gallons in the morning 15 - 20 minutes each... with say 30 mins in between... The kids take showers at night 10-15 minutes each, back to back once again no problem....