View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #8
Belmont Resident

Default J p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Pilot View Post
Even the radio stations are better in Maine.
I just happens to be one of the better stations to listen to and happens to be out of Portland.
Being in Wolfeboro you are in your own little sheltered side of the lake which is lot different then being over here on this side.
Yes I much prefer Maine as my get away for all of my outdoor activities much like all the tourists come here to get away.

When you think about that also remember that only a very small fraction of the people who live here boat on the lake and even less view or post on this forum. So you really can’t get a feel for what is happening in the lakes region or just how most of the people who live here feel about topics brought up on this forum.
To some of us getting away means leaving the crowds behind, while to others it means going from one crowded area to another, as I mentioned in other posts, when I came here to vacation with my boys it was totally different then living here.
We came, we camped, fished, swam and unless we went by boat we very rarely ventured out much in the truck.
I came up from Nashua and although traffic and crowds here have not reached that level yet they have been on the increase for the past 10 or so years.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend and stay safe.
Now back to the radio station.