View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
Belmont Resident

Default More power to them.

You bring up really good points, however what ever happened to the young kid who could go from door to door asking if you needed your walk shoveled or yard raked.
Worthless lawyers are what happened. Everyone wants to sue one and other for in many instances their own stupidity. My coffee was to hot, damn right that’s what happens when you boil water for coffee, it gets hot. Dummy!
I think it is great to see young people taking the initiative rather then see illegal’s doing the job for next to nothing.
The problem is too many of our youth are afraid to actually work for a dollar; they want to make top dollar for what we used to work for $3.25 when it was minimum wage.

Now if they are using backpack blowers then chances are slim they will do damage, but if they are using a commercial wheeled blower with an 8HP engine then you can throw a pretty good size chunk of rock or wood with that baby. I know I own one and it’s a force to be reckoned with. Most backpack blowers have a hard time moving wet leaves never mind slinging a rock.
I say more power to them.