View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Great observations Maxum! Thanks for posting!

I agree with you on finding hard changing bottom structure, the harder the better. Then figuring out which side to fish on, across or approach it from. That's all part of the science and what makes it fun at least for me. Are you using the Navionics maps?? That what I use and absolutely love it!!

Hope your enjoying your new place on lake!!

Dan
I wish I could claim I have a bunch of high tech fishing gear in the boat, but all I got is a good quality fish finder and have studied various parts of the lake by chart to plot out areas that look interesting over the years. I have found a few spots that are regular producers as far as seeing fish on the finder. The rest as you know luck, what to use, how to approach and even what speed to troll at. I'm not outfitted with downriggers or planer boards just a couple rod holders and lead core.

Not enjoying the new place just yet... still in the acquisition phase, but crossing my fingers in a few weeks I'll be moving in. Can't wait! Once I get all settled in I hope to get out and fish a whole lot more than I have in the past.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote