Thread: Heated Clothing
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #10
Belmont Resident

Default Good for your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushaggerb View Post
Gerbing, FirstGear and Venture all make products in this area. From head-to-toe. If your looking for a jacket, not sure about that. Most of the jackets I know of are actually liners; you need to wear a jacket over them. Lot less expensive than $850. Try googling "heated clothing" or "heated jackets" and go to Google "Shopping". You'll find a bunch of stuff there.
Most would sit back and whine about how they hate the cold and hate winter. You should be very thankful that you have a wife that is willing to find a way to go out and enjoy life in NE with you.
My wife and I have endured down to -30 (without wind chill) temps to go out and enjoy snowmobiling. We have found ways to get over the cold without the help of heated gear but there is a point that it just finds its way in and you go get chilled to the bone. On those days we make more stops along the trails to warm up. But as I’ve gotten older I’ve found that anything less than -20 is just to cold to ride in. On those days snowshoeing is a good alternative. Good luck and my hat goes off to your wife for trying instead of sitting home complaining.