Thread: Auto transport
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #7
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Use to put cars on a flatbed and haul them to FL while you ride in luxury in one of the passenger cars. It's been a decade since I did this not sure if they do this any more.
Amtrack Auto Train goes from Lorton, VA (near DC) to Sanford, FL ( near Orlando). Still going daily and great fun to take. Wish it went from an area around New England as one drives their car and it is loaded. Then you board and have a nice dinner, sleep overnight, have a nice breakfast and then arrive and get your car! Took it from VA three years ago.

Had my 2008 Jeep shipped north this year for the first time as my car here at the lake went. Had to wait five weeks and this was only to have it shipped from Naples to the Boston area. How much is it to ship a car from here? The company I used had their own trucks and usually makes trips from the midwest to FL I was told. I am not sure that I would use a company that did not have their own trucks and drivers.

Does anyone happen to know how one can dispose of a 99 Jeep Grande Cherokee with 52,000 miles and one year old Michelin tires etc but needs a new transmission and some other things? Not a mark on the car.

Have to be in Naples September to mid October and then fly north for HS reunion and then back to Naples. Am finishing a remodel and noise things have to be done May 1 to Nov 1.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky1 For This Useful Post: