View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #17
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
Here is a good site:
http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Wild...ame/snakes.htm

Of the 11 species in NH, only the extremely rare rattler is dangerous. There is only one known den left in the state and if it was in your area the locals would have heard about it. The exact location is not published as they are an endangered species in NH.

If over a long time you encountered 100 shakes in NH, the cumulative danger to you would be much less than one drive to the local store and back in your auto.
That den is located in a town south of Concord and it is completely contained on Private Property that is posted. It is quite well known by the locals and one side of my family has been living in that town for the better part of 125 years.

For a fee I can take you on a guided expedition to try and view the snakes as I have a contact at the quarry, a very large fee and I will stand near the gate and point in a general direction for you to look.

Endangered or not, I have never heard of a single story of someone trespassing to catch a glipse of the snakes, wonder why??

Folks are more likely to run into a week ruining spider in NH than a snake that will cause them harm.

Garters will bite if they do not want to be picked up, but their teeth are tiny and they will not hold on like a Python (relax, I am talking about the pet version, they are not native).

And no, under no circumstances will I present the information of where the den is located and yes I am joking about the expedition.

Last edited by jmen24; 08-11-2010 at 01:46 PM.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote