Thread: Major Bonehead
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #26
COWISLAND NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by coronado View Post
This was witnessed by me, a couple weeks ago, in the Gilford area..... Daddy in his ski boat ,takes his two boys out to ski. The older boy (appeared to be 16/18 yrs old) starts off and skis around the area for a bit and takes a tumble... Dad and the young boy (12/14yrs) go get the ski and reel in the rope.. they then go over to pick up the older boy. They are now approx. 400ft from shore. Dad noses the boat up to the boy in the water... the boy, facing the boat, reaches up and grabs the bow light and places his legs on either side of the bow at the water line.... Dad hits the gas and away we go.. not too fast probably 6/7 mph... We were horrified, one slip and that kid was toast... there was no way that Dad could have stopped that boat if the boy lost his grip...Dad traveled the 400ft or so back to shore this way, and dropped the kid off near shore. Something tells me they have done this more than once.... and someday it could prove to be deadly... I wonder if this guy knows the rules of the road? Or if he really cares?
Now if that boy were to get hurt....would it be speed related bc he was going faster then headway speed w/ in 150 feet of shore??? WinnFab would say so i bet! DUMB THRILL SEEKER!!! LOL
COWISLAND NH is offline   Reply With Quote