Thread: Major Bonehead
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #15
randalnh

Default Boneheads you say

I was pulling up to the gas docks at the Weirs on Sunday and had the following series of events unfold. First, a guy in what looked like a new boat (about 23/24 footer) exceeding headway speed within 50 feet of the gas docks almost cuts me off in a hurry to beat me to the dock - a nasty look from me and he backs off. Then, as I am maneuvering at the dock I put it into reverse to get closer to the dock - I look behind me and this nitwit is about 5 feet off of my stern. I have to throw it back into forward to avoid hitting him. Finally get to the dock and tie up to get gas. Captain Nitwit on th opposite side of the dock now, spins his boat partly around to get his gas cap facing the proper side iof the dock - as he maneuvers, he hits the dock with his bow (he is now not at the controls but at the back of the boat) and from the stern of his boat, which is out about 8-10 feet he throws a stern line to the dock girl that had to be 1 1/2 inch in diameter and about 30 feet long - the line hits the dock and continues into my boat (I am on the opposite side of the dock). Now I am just guessing, but I bet this guy is one of those Boneheads that does not know the stand-on rules.

Always a few thrills on Winni weekends.
randalnh is offline   Reply With Quote