Thread: Major Bonehead
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
jetskier

Default Nice Vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgold44 View Post
I just have to vent!! On Saturday, around 4:00 pm, after enjoying a nice day at Weirs w/ my family & my 2 nephews (age 7 & 10), I began the cruise back to Alton Bay. After leaving the Govs island no wake zone, I powered up & headed towards the Witches. Approx 200 yards before the witches markers, I had a boat ahead of me, & 2 boats approaching from the NW, on my Port side. I noticed neither the boat in front of me nor the 1st boat approaching on my left giving way to each other, so I slowed down & waited to see what would happen. I seriously thought I may see a collision. The larger boat on my Port finally stopped & let the boat in front of me pass, as he should. The boat on the Port or Left is the give way boat, the starboard or right is the Stand on. Correct???? Then, I powered up & proceeded ahead, when I realized the next boat approching from my left is not going to give way to me. I immediately pulled back & maneuvered to my port to go behind him to avoid a collision, & this @#$%^^&&* Captain gave me the Middle finger salute. Oh well, life goes on, but I had to vent.
I really wonder whether most people understand the right of way rules. I came out of the no wake zone between Govenors Island and Eagle Island on my jetski about 5:00 on Saturday. A boat from Anchor Marine cut across my bow from port to starbord. Now I maintain that he was the give way boat, but I had to swerve out of his way. The driver did not appear to even realize what he had done. I think that we either need some refresher courses or I am going to have to put deck guns on the jetski.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote