View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #11
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Winnisquamer....

Umm..... you sir are wrong. Per the NH Handbook page 2

https://www.boat-ed.com/newhampshire/handbook/book.html

Some New Hampshire laws reference “ski craft.” “Ski craft” is defined by law as any motorized vessel that is less than 13 feet in length, is capable of exceeding 20 miles per hour, and has the capacity to carry no more than an operator and one other person.

Its all nicely summarized on the DOS/SP/MP website under the FAQ..

•What is the difference between a ski craft and a PWC?
A ski craft is defined as, less than 13' in length as manufactured, capable of exceeding 20 mph, and has the capacity to carry not more than the operator and one other person. There are additional regulations that ski craft operators must follow. A personal watercraft (pwc) has the capacity to carry more than the operator and one passenger and must follow the regulations set forth for a motor boat.

So maybe a little research is in order before you just say False???

Woodsy
The language actually allows some interesting definitions (I believe). If the craft is less than 13' long, can exceed 20 mph but has CAPACITY for 3 or more, it is NOT a ski craft. Therefore a 10 ft PWC that has capacity for 3, is a boat, correct?

My PWCs are a tad over 10 ft. but have capacity for 3 and have been classified as boats. I did a quick check at SeaDoo and their new luxury machines are a tad under 11 ft. I believe it is the capacity of these machines not being over 13 ft. that makes them boats. There may indeed be 13 ft+ machines but many are not that big.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote