View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #32
riverat

Quote:
Originally Posted by corollaman View Post
They want you to go in and spend $40 on an oil change at Irwin's. I do all my own work, and I'm under warranty, so I guess I'm screwed if I have engine trouble, I drive Toyotas, and they're bulletproof, so I don't expect any trouble with my engine. My last Toyota ran to 200,000 miles without trouble. Those engines can go down to a quart of oil left, and still run. My friend's Corolla had literally one quart left in it cause it had a bad oil pan leak, and it ran without a knock or anything. Next time go for a Toyota.
That's what my Brother-in-Law thought also, he has had 3 rav4's. The one he has now is 2009 and since last october has been using 1 quart of oil every 1500 miles, he has taken it to the dealer every 4 weeks and they are still saying that it is within toyota's operating standards. They have been doing the oil changes since new and still refuse to take any blame. 100,000 mile warrantee will be up in 3000 miles. This past wednesday they took the car in and did a complete evaluation and found that the motor, transmission, and both half axels in the front end need to be replaced at a cost of $10,000.00
They will find out Monday or Tuesday what they plan on doing. Could be Totaled! But Toyota have put them thru Hell for the last 5 months, what's the sense of offering a warrantee if you do not have intentions of honoring it.