View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #30
AB_Monterey

I've never been a dealer maintenance guy until this latest car. Bought it with 2K on it and decided to have the dealer do the oil changes while it was under warranty. It's now out of warranty but I continue to use them for oil changes. $40? You're being robbed unless that's synthetic you're using. My dealer, Foss in Exeter, charges $25.95 for an oil change. At that price, doing it myself makes absolutely no sense.

I like the idea about parking the car across the street with a big lemon on it. That occured to me as well.

As for the mileage, 54K is nothing. I don't understand where this supposed correlation between mileage and time comes from. The car was designed to run, not to run some pre-determined miles in an expected time frame. As long as all maintenance was done as scheduled per the mileage, the amount of time it took to rack up those miles is completely meaningless. If you're having motor issues with 54K in 6 months, you'd have those same issues with 54K in 2 years. In fact, since most of the wear and tear on an engine is at start-up, the case can be made that driving those 54K on long trips and racking up the miles actually does less damage internally than taking 2 years to do it which would mean lots of starts and short trips.

Good luck. I've gone up the corportate route twice over the years and both times got some satisfaction. If they're shutting you down already, you're fighting an uphill battle.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote