View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #58
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky2Bhere View Post
We moved to the lake full time about ten years ago. It was our dream and we loved every minute of it for about 3-4 years. As the years went on and I had more and more free time the winters became long, dark, and isolating. Besides about 20 ski days we were stuck inside. Walking on icy dirt roads past closed seasonal homes was different than walking past summer residents having a great time. We now spend the winter in Florida biking, bird watching, golf, tennis, and dining by the water. It's the perfect combination and we have wonderful communities of friends in both locations. Winter at the lake can be wonderful, but it depends on your wants and needs. Good luck! (We live in a zero lot line single family home, could not do a high rise)
I had to look up the term "zero lot line" as I never had heard of the concept. Interesting concept but sounds like living in a condo complex to me. A while ago a house was built about 500' away from us and we can see it when the leaves are off the trees. Plenty close enough for us.

While we wait for ice out, we find a lot to do in winter. In addition to skiing we winter hike and snowshoe, shoot at an indoor range, get firewood in and right now we are boiling maple sap into syrup. It is still finishing light amber and is not bad at all on my blueberry pancakes. We can always make a brief get away trip if needed. Others ice fish and snowmobile. You can always dress warm enough to be comfortable especially if you are active.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote